I am a red head and just stumbled across some funny facts about red heads, which I am very happily share with you guys here:
- Only 1-2% of the world’s population have red hair.
- In Scottland 14 out of 100 people have red hair. It is the country with the highest density of red heads (not Ireland)
- Red heads only have approx 90’000 hairs on their head in comparison to blondes with 100’000 and brunettes with 120’000. Because the red hair is thicker it appears though as if red heads have more hair.
- Apparently red heads are feeling cold and heat more intense…
- Red heads don’t turn grey. Red hair might get beige in age or just simply turns white (like in my case)
- A red head needs approximately 20% more anesthetics for surgery than others
- Until the 16th century the fat of red headed men was used to produce poison…
- During the Roman Empire a red headed slave was more expensive than another one
- The DNA of a red head is easier to identify for forensic investigator than others
- According to the Greek Mythology red heads turn into vampire-like creatures after their death…
I know this is not your typical red head in the picture. But hey, stunning after all, right? Have a great day everyone 🙂